Globe Broadband needs to reconsider their SOP. I just talked with an application approving officer and it instantly ruined my day.
They won’t approve my application because I submitted a scanned passport, which has a digital signature, not penned. They asked if I had a company ID, I said yes, but also, it’s digital, not penned.
I politely said I am a responsible customer. I pay my iPhone 4 bill 16 days before my due date. (REALLY, WHO ELSE DOES THAT!) That’s two weeks before I receive my bill. I was able to apply then using my passport as the identification card, why not let me apply for a 3mbps connection now?
Does their practice justify the money they will lose? It’s just a fuckin’ signature! It’s just frustrating how they could let delinquent payers with signature on their IDs apply and not let someone who’s already on their system. Why do they not keep up with technology when clearly, they have the means to.
I hope Phoebe has her driver’s license with her so she can apply. Else, we’ll just have to reconsider other providers.
1. Separation Anxiety
2. Inappropriate Social Behavior
3. Survivor Guilt
6. Emotional Extortion
7. Pathological Liar
Rory Gilmore has Luke’s, Rachel, Ross, Monica, Chandler, Joey and Phoebe have Central Perk, I have Country Style.
As much as anybody on a budget, I’d love to save by cooking my own meal for breakfast. Problem is, I’m not a morning person. So I just get my morning fix from the closest breakfast place from work, just on the ground floor, Country Style, for as long as I’ve started working here.
I usually order
- bagel + large iced tea
- walnut muffin + large iced tea
- spaghetti and toast + large iced tea
- ham/spam, egg and cheese sandwich + large iced tea
- BLT sandwich + large iced tea
- Sunriser sandwich + large iced tea (current meal)
I would order their bacon meal a lot if only they would fry/grill them, and not microwave. As much as I love bacon, it tastes awful when microwaved. I gagged when I ate one and vowed to never to that to myself again.
Where do you eat breakfast?
It was something only a movie star could have conceived.
Yup, it certainly was. Only a movie star could conceive how to waste money and natural resources. It’s not as if they’d just put the letters there. They’d have to find a barren place to put it up, if there’s none, that’d mean cutting off trees. Then they’d have to dig for the foundation.
Do we really want to do that to Taal?
The Eiffel Tower has been around for quite a long time, but you don’t see the French trying to put up a neon sign that will tell you that you’re in Paris.
I probably won’t be online until I get a new innernet connection but here’s my Apple ID for your reference: firstname.lastname@example.org
iMessage me if you like. :)
I will be moving to a new apartment tomorrow. It would actually be my third move.
The first was the one I stayed in during my whole college years. It was like my second home. For almost 4 years, it was. It was in a subdivision, and walking distance to school. It was the official tambayan of our class, or at least those I’m close to.
I cried when I left.
I also hugged my landlady out of gratitude. And I can still remember how everything flashed before me when I was saying my goodbyes.
The second one is where I’m currently at. I have no idea why I waited this long before I decided to finally move. It has been an awful experience. Rats. Cockroaches. FLYING COCKROACHES. old and grumpy landlady (who I’m pretty sure is still single btw), inaccurate electricity and water bills. I could go on, but I will not.
And tomorrow, to a new adventure. And for the first time in 6 years, I’ll be living with another person in the apartment with me. For the first time, it’s not a studio-type apartment, but a two-bedroom apartment. Let’s see how this will go.
It’s pathetic how I’m emotional even with apartments.
- My apartment’s ability to get signal is super low. I have to place my phone on top of my fridge to receive messages on time. Surprisingly, with the upgrade, my phone’s signal strength is somewhat better. Phone’s beside me but I still haven’t had problems of delayed texts.
- REMINDERS app!!! - At last! Now I can delete the Lite todo apps I’ve downloaded that have been practically useless because the full features are with the pricey full-featured versions.
- iCloud - It’s one of the main reasons why people update. I could say that I’m not that keen on this though. Probably because I don’t want to spend 5k for the full version. Yes, you can use it for free but with a limited 5gB space, er cloud space.
- iMessage - Like YM!, you’d know if someone is typing a message or at least that’s what I think what’s happening.
- News Stand - I have yet started to download any virtual newspaper or magazine so I was surprised that my iTunes just started downloading NYTimes.
- Video app - Ever lost a video in a stream of photos?
As it turns out, it was just not me who’s been having troubles updating to iOS5. I sent an email to Xyrus that I couldn’t contact him and here he is now, chatting with me on Facebook. We both encountered errors while trying to update to iOS5 that lead us to the same error message.
There is no Facebook access in his office so I assume he’s still at his house, trying to update. He had to contact me since his phone is practically useless at the moment. Little did he know that the same thing is happening to me.
And with a gap of a few minutes, our phones started updating.
This is the first wedding I’ve attended to where I’m not a flower girl. Instead of the usual bouquet throwing, we, single ladies, passed the bouquet like the game Trip to Jerusalem. Gad! The bouquet stopped 2 people before me.
- Jenn: (7pm. Needed to shop before the mall closes in 2 hours. Proceeds to baggage counter to deposit my super heavy laptop backpack)
- Baggage Counter Guy: Ma'am, may gadget ba kayo sa loob nito?
- J: Yes. Laptop.
- B: Hindi po namin pinapaiwan ang mga gadget dito ma'am, mababasag.
- J: Wala namang nakasulat dyan sa policy board nyo na bawal. Ang bigat kasi oh. Paano ako mamimili?
- B: Gusto niyo po ma'am, dalhin nyo na lang yung laptop niyo para madeposit niyo yung bag.
- J: HA?? Seryoso ka? Bibitbitin ko yung laptop? Mas lalo akong di makakapamili nyan.
- B: Bitbitin nyo na nga lang po yung laptop para madeposit niyo yung bag.
- J: (Walks out)
To get the necessary $1,000 to start building the first boards, Steve sold his Volkswagen van, and Woz his HP 65 calculator. They thought about how to call the new company, and couldn’t come up with a good name, until one day, Steve said that they would call it Apple if they didn’t find anything better. And they didn’t — so Apple Computer was born.
While he was at Atari, Steve asked his boss to fund a trip to India for him. Atari did pay his trip up to Germany, where he had to work on fixing some Atari machines. Then Steve was joined by his hippie friend from Reed, Dan Kottke, and they went to India in search for enlightenment.
They came back pretty disappointed, especially after they met a famous guru, Kairolie Baba, who, unlike what they expected, was a con man.
And why am I awake at this ungodly hour?
All this effort triggered by the swarm of cockroaches by 1AM while I was trying to sleep. I battled them with Baygon but then they all started to die on the floor. I didn’t want to sleep and then wake up with dead roaches on my bed so I to do what a girl’s got to do.
I just finished cleaning my apartment for the second time in two weeks. And it’s hardcore cleaning, not just sweeping the floor and dusting the furniture. My first time cleaning, I accumulated 6 BAGS (!!!) OF XXL Black Trash Bag. This time, I bagged 3 (!!!) more. It’s amazing how much garbage I have. I also took the liberty of throwing out makeup that I’ve had since college since they’re already useless. Also, the amount of coins I’ve collected can buy me a decent batch of Jollibee delivery.
And oh, I’m not done cleaning yet. I’ll probably have to clean tomorrow and on Sunday too. If you have an idea how big XXL trash bags are, you’d know how filthy my apartment was.